11 July, 2014
What is Twitter Bootstrap?
Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter. This is an open source product which was launched in August 2011 on GitHub.
Why use Bootstrap?
- Mobile first approach: While Bootstrap 3, the framework consists of Mobile first styles all through the entire library as a substitute of separate files.
- Browser Support: Bootstrap is supported by all popular browsers on all devices.
- Easy to get started: If you have the knowledge of HTML and CSS you can get started with Bootstrap. Also the Bootstrap official site has a good guide and documentation.
- Responsive design: Bootstrap’s responsive CSS adjusts to Desktops,Tablets and Mobiles.
- Bootstrap provides a uniform and clean solution for building website interface for developers.
- Bootstrap has functional and beautiful built-in components which are easy to customize.
- Bootstrap also provides web based customization.
- And best feature of Bootstrap is an open source.
What Bootstrap Package Includes?
- Scaffolding: Bootstrap gives a fundamental structure with Grid System, link styles, background. This topic has been covered in detail in the section Bootstrap Basic Structure
- CSS: Bootstrap appears with attribute of large-scale CSS settings; basic HTML elements styled and improved with extensible classes, and highly developed grid system. This is enclosed in detail in the section Bootstrap with CSS.
- Customize: Bootstrap’s components are easy to customize, LESS variables and jQuery plugins to acquire your very own edition.